Mission: To provide supervision of persons served during the overnight hours, and supplemental deep cleaning services;
and to teach skills and behaviors to maximize independence in activities of daily living for a small caseload of persons who have severe developmental disabilities and other special needs in a variety of community settings.
• Assists persons served to maximize independence in activities of daily living and provides supervision of persons served during the overnight hours.
• Performs supplemental deep cleaning services.
• Complies with various federal and state regulations, TFS’ adaptation of the Teaching Family model, and TFS policies/procedures.
• Behavior exhibits professional attitude, demeanor, and interpersonal skills required by position and company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
• Minimum of one-two years of prior experience in a position of similar scope preferred
• Ability to perform household cleaning tasks (moving heavy furniture and appliances on rollers, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, and overhead reaching
• Knowledge of basic cooking techniques, cooking skills, and an ability to follow menus and recipes
• Ability to perform CPI system techniques (which include lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching blocking, grabbing)
• Knowledge of Teaching Family Model components and techniques preferred
• Ability to recognize natural teaching opportunities and act upon them
• Ability to handle all aspects of personal care with sensitivity and caring
• Ability to communicate through verbal and written mediums
• Ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively
• A high energy level, adaptability, assertiveness patience and ability to work in a team environment
• Operation of a motor vehicle is required which includes: proof of a current, valid drivers license, current automobile liability insurance for state of Tennessee Family Solutions Inc.; and has the ability to qualify as a driver under TFS insurance guidelines
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
• Ability to perform physical system techniques (which include frequent lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, blocking, grabbing)
• Ability to lift at least one-fourth of own body weight unassisted
• Ability to perform unassisted transfers of disabled adults with adaptive equipment (lift belts, Hoyer lifts, etc.)
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with others through verbal and written mediums. May include the use of assisting devices to compensate
• Organize and compile information from external and internal sources.
• Communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
• Ability to allay maladaptive (sometimes aggressive) behaviors while maintaining calm and composure.